This cheesecake pie takes very little time to prepare, so I make it often. My husband tries to beat our son-in-law to the last piece! —Darlene Smith, Rockford, Illinois
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 20 caramels
- 2 tablespoons 2% milk
- 1 chocolate crumb crust (8 inches)
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup milk chocolate chips
- Pecan halves, optional
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, sugar and eggs until smooth. Beat in vanilla; set aside.
- In a small saucepan, heat caramels and milk over low heat until caramels are melted; stir until smooth. Pour into crust. Sprinkle with chopped pecans. Pour cream cheese mixture over the top.
- Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until center is nearly set. Cool for 10 minutes. Sprinkle with chocolate chips and pecan halves if desired. Cool completely on a wire rack. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Pecan-Caramel Cheesecake Pie in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2005, p76
Reviews for Pecan-Caramel Cheesecake Pie
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review