Pecan Caramel Bars Recipe
These butterscotchy bars bring back fond memories of my grandma who loved to spoil us with good food. Whenever I give these treats away or take them to a buffet, folks request the recipe.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup cold butter, cubed
- 1-1/2 cups pecan halves
- 1 package (14 ounces) caramels
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 package (11-1/2 ounces) milk chocolate chips
- 1 cup butterscotch chips
- 1. In a small bowl, combine flour and brown sugar. Cut in butter until mixture is crumbly. Press into an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan.
- 2. Bake at 350° for 12-14 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on a wire rack. Sprinkle pecans over top.
- 3. In a microwave, melt caramels with cream; stir until smooth. Pour over pecans and spread evenly. Combine chocolate and butterscotch chips; spread over caramel layer.
- 4. Bake 5 minutes longer. Remove to wire rack. Run a knife through melted chips to swirl; cool completely. Cut into bars. Yield: 2 dozen.
1 each: 348 calories, 18g fat (10g saturated fat), 18mg cholesterol, 103mg sodium, 45g carbohydrate (34g sugars, 2g fiber), 4g protein
Reviews for Pecan Caramel Bars
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC