- 2 cups milk chocolate chips, divided
- 64 pecan halves (about 1-1/2 cups)
- 28 caramels
- 2 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- Line a baking sheet with waxed paper; set aside. In a microwave, melt 1 cup chocolate chips; stir until smooth. Drop chocolate by tablespoonfuls onto prepared baking sheet. Immediately place four pecans on top of each chocolate drop.
- Place the caramels in a 1-qt. microwave-safe dish; add cream. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 2 minutes, stirring once. Spoon onto the middle of each cluster.
- Melt the remaining chocolate chips; stir until smooth. Spread over caramel. Let stand until set. Yield: 16 candies.
Reviews for Pecan Candy Clusters
"Great!!! The recipe states to add the CREAM to Carmels, I did not , still Great!!"
"I hated unwrapping the caramels, so the second time I made them, I went to my bulk food store and found a block of caramel to use instead."
"Did anyone find out how to thicken the caramel??? I want to make this for gifts."
"These were delicious, but the caramel was way too runny and ran all over the pan. Next time I will leave the cream out and let the caramel cool down a bit before putting it on the chocolate."
"These were a big hit. My caramel was a little too runny, maybe it was too hot."