- 2 cups milk chocolate chips, divided
- 64 pecan halves (about 1-1/2 cups)
- 28 caramels
- 2 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- Line a baking sheet with waxed paper; set aside. In a microwave, melt 1 cup chocolate chips; stir until smooth. Drop chocolate by tablespoonfuls onto prepared baking sheet. Immediately place four pecans on top of each chocolate drop.
- Place the caramels in a 1-qt. microwave-safe dish; add cream. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 2 minutes, stirring once. Spoon onto the middle of each cluster.
- Melt the remaining chocolate chips; stir until smooth. Spread over caramel. Let stand until set. Yield: 16 candies.
Reviews for Pecan Candy Clusters
"Great!!! The recipe states to add the CREAM to Carmels, I did not , still Great!!"
"I hated unwrapping the caramels, so the second time I made them, I went to my bulk food store and found a block of caramel to use instead."
"Did anyone find out how to thicken the caramel??? I want to make this for gifts."
"These were delicious, but the caramel was way too runny and ran all over the pan. Next time I will leave the cream out and let the caramel cool down a bit before putting it on the chocolate."
"These were a big hit. My caramel was a little too runny, maybe it was too hot."
"Can,t imagine what the cream is to be added to--the chocolate or the caramels? Did you goof?"
"Oops! I see now."
"Easy and tasty too...like "Turtles". Just curious, what are you supposed to do with the Whipping Cream?"
"I have made these twice for Christmas gifts and they are always a big hit! Easy for the children to help with too."
"I made these last xmas and they were great. Nice and easy also"