Pecan Cake Roll Recipe
- 4 eggs, separated
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 cups ground pecans
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking cocoa
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Chocolate shavings and additional confectioners' sugar, optional
- 1. Let eggs stand at room temperature for 30 minutes. Line a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan with waxed paper; grease and flour paper and set aside.
- 2. In a large bowl, beat egg yolks and confectioners' sugar until thick and lemon-colored, about 5 minutes. In another bowl, beat whites until soft peaks form; fold into yolk mixture. Fold in pecans until well blended (batter will be thin).
- 3. Spread batter into prepared pan. Bake at 375° for 10-15 minutes or until cake springs back when lightly touched. Cool in pan for 5 minutes. Turn onto a linen towel dusted with confectioners' sugar. Gently peel off waxed paper. Roll cake up in towel, starting with short end. Cool completely on wire rack.
- 4. Meanwhile, beat the cream, sugar, cocoa and vanilla in a bowl until soft peaks form. Carefully unroll cake. Spread filling over cake to within 1/2 in. of edges. Roll up again. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour before serving. If desired, garnish with chocolate shavings and confectioners' sugar. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 10-12 servings.
1 slice: 233 calories, 18g fat (6g saturated fat), 98mg cholesterol, 29mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (13g sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein .
Reviews for Pecan Cake Roll
"Very, very sweet but it is good. I will make it again but share with everyone bc I wouldn't be able to eat one myself!"
"Regarding Review Comments- There is no Flour (Editor's note) or Cream Cheese in this recipe.Sounds Delicious."
"Am I missing something. Is there no flour in this recipe?"
"to gb4550 I haven't made this yet, but it surelooks delish, by the way there is no cream cheese in the recipe, it calls for heavy whipping cream, give it a try, I'm sure you won't be dissapointed."
"How much cream cheese???"