Pecan Cake Roll Recipe
- 4 eggs, separated
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 cups ground pecans
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking cocoa
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Chocolate shavings and additional confectioners' sugar, optional
- 1. Let eggs stand at room temperature for 30 minutes. Line a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan with waxed paper; grease and flour paper and set aside.
- 2. In a large bowl, beat egg yolks and confectioners' sugar until thick and lemon-colored, about 5 minutes. In another bowl, beat whites until soft peaks form; fold into yolk mixture. Fold in pecans until well blended (batter will be thin).
- 3. Spread batter into prepared pan. Bake at 375° for 10-15 minutes or until cake springs back when lightly touched. Cool in pan for 5 minutes. Turn onto a linen towel dusted with confectioners' sugar. Gently peel off waxed paper. Roll cake up in towel, starting with short end. Cool completely on wire rack.
- 4. Meanwhile, beat the cream, sugar, cocoa and vanilla in a bowl until soft peaks form. Carefully unroll cake. Spread filling over cake to within 1/2 in. of edges. Roll up again. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour before serving. If desired, garnish with chocolate shavings and confectioners' sugar. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 10-12 servings.
1 slice: 233 calories, 18g fat (6g saturated fat), 98mg cholesterol, 29mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (13g sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein
Reviews for Pecan Cake Roll
"Very, very sweet but it is good. I will make it again but share with everyone bc I wouldn't be able to eat one myself!"
"Regarding Review Comments- There is no Flour (Editor's note) or Cream Cheese in this recipe.Sounds Delicious."
"Am I missing something. Is there no flour in this recipe?"
"to gb4550 I haven't made this yet, but it surelooks delish, by the way there is no cream cheese in the recipe, it calls for heavy whipping cream, give it a try, I'm sure you won't be dissapointed."
"How much cream cheese???"