Pecan Cake Roll Recipe
- 4 Eggland's Best Eggs, separated
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 cups ground pecans
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking cocoa
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Chocolate shavings and additional confectioners' sugar, optional
- Let eggs stand at room temperature for 30 minutes. Line a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan with waxed paper; grease and flour paper and set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat egg yolks and confectioners' sugar until thick and lemon-colored, about 5 minutes. In another bowl, beat whites until soft peaks form; fold into yolk mixture. Fold in pecans until well blended (batter will be thin).
- Spread batter into prepared pan. Bake at 375° for 10-15 minutes or until cake springs back when lightly touched. Cool in pan for 5 minutes. Turn onto a linen towel dusted with confectioners' sugar. Gently peel off waxed paper. Roll cake up in towel, starting with short end. Cool completely on wire rack.
- Meanwhile, beat the cream, sugar, cocoa and vanilla in a bowl until soft peaks form. Carefully unroll cake. Spread filling over cake to within 1/2 in. of edges. Roll up again. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour before serving. If desired, garnish with chocolate shavings and confectioners' sugar. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 10-12 servings.
Reviews for Pecan Cake Roll(5)
Sort By :
Regarding Review Comments- There is no Flour (Editor's note) or Cream Cheese in this recipe.
Am I missing something. Is there no flour in this recipe?
to gb4550 I haven't made this yet, but it sure
looks delish, by the way there is no cream cheese in the recipe, it calls for heavy whipping cream, give it a try, I'm sure you won't be dissapointed.
How much cream cheese???
More Recipe Collections
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Cake Recipes >
- Cakes >
- Chocolate Cake Recipes >
- Chocolate Recipes >
- Christmas Desserts >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Country Woman Desserts >
- Country Woman Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Grand Prize Winning Recipes >