- 1 cup complete buttermilk pancake mix
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant butterscotch pudding mix
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- In a large bowl, beat the pancake mix, dry pudding mix, butter and egg until blended. Stir in pecans.
- Roll into 1-1/2-in. balls. Place 2 in. apart on greased baking sheets. Flatten with the bottom of a glass. Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes or until edges begin to brown. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: about 1-1/2 dozen.
Reviews for Pecan Butterscotch Cookies
Sort By :
I have mixed feelings about these cookies - they were quick to put together and satisfied the initial craving, but weren't really drop-dead delicious and the next day they just tasted crumbly and like 'package mix'. Don't think I would make them again.
OMG! These cookies just melt in your mouth!! Please try them!! For the butter portion---you must go by the markings on the butter stick.... Do not use just a measuring cup....... That might be why some of the ladies here didn't have too much luck. But I made a double batch when I made these.
I was excited to try these because I love butterscotch. Super easy to make the cookie dough - BUT, I was so disappointed with the end product. This recipe definitely needs something. It has a butterscotch taste, but I agree with the reviewer that said it was like having a mouthful of dry pancake mix. This recipe will be going in the trash.
I followed the recipe just as it stated and while the cookies were soft and chewy, they had no flavor and a bad after taste. Definitely a fail and I won't be making these again.
I truly wish I had read ALL of the reviews before I mixed a double batch of these cookies. I took one bite and felt like I had a mouthful of pancake mix. I'm truly glad I didn't waste my box of pumpkin spice instant pudding mix.
More Recipe Collections
- Comfort Food Desserts >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Cookie Recipes >
- Cookies >
- Desserts >
- Diabetic Cookies >
- Diabetic Desserts >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Easy Dessert Recipes >
- Easy Desserts >
- Easy Recipes >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Jello Pudding Recipes >
- Kids Desserts >
- Low Carb Desserts >
- Low Carb Recipes >
- Low Fat Dessert Recipes >
- Low Fat Recipes >