- 1 cup complete buttermilk pancake mix
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant butterscotch pudding mix
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- In a large bowl, beat the pancake mix, dry pudding mix, butter and egg until blended. Stir in pecans.
- Roll into 1-1/2-in. balls. Place 2 in. apart on greased baking sheets. Flatten with the bottom of a glass. Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes or until edges begin to brown. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: about 1-1/2 dozen.
Reviews for Pecan Butterscotch Cookies
"Delicious and so easy. I made these for my Mom so she could freeze them and have them on hand for company. I added instant Vanilla pudding as my grocery store didn't have Butterscotch; so added butterscotch chips. Thank you, Trisha, for sharing this recipe."
"I substituted coconut cream pudding mix for the butterscotch and added 1 cup of white chocolate chips. Amazing!!!"
"I have mixed feelings about these cookies - they were quick to put together and satisfied the initial craving, but weren't really drop-dead delicious and the next day they just tasted crumbly and like 'package mix'. Don't think I would make them again."
"OMG! These cookies just melt in your mouth!! Please try them!! For the butter portion---you must go by the markings on the butter stick.... Do not use just a measuring cup....... That might be why some of the ladies here didn't have too much luck. But I made a double batch when I made these."
"I was excited to try these because I love butterscotch. Super easy to make the cookie dough - BUT, I was so disappointed with the end product. This recipe definitely needs something. It has a butterscotch taste, but I agree with the reviewer that said it was like having a mouthful of dry pancake mix. This recipe will be going in the trash."