- 1 cup complete buttermilk pancake mix
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant butterscotch pudding mix
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- In a large bowl, beat the pancake mix, dry pudding mix, butter and egg until blended. Stir in pecans.
- Roll into 1-1/2-in. balls. Place 2 in. apart on greased baking sheets. Flatten with the bottom of a glass. Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes or until edges begin to brown. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: about 1-1/2 dozen.
Reviews for Pecan Butterscotch Cookies
Sort By :
"I substituted coconut cream pudding mix for the butterscotch and added 1 cup of white chocolate chips. Amazing!!!"
"I have mixed feelings about these cookies - they were quick to put together and satisfied the initial craving, but weren't really drop-dead delicious and the next day they just tasted crumbly and like 'package mix'. Don't think I would make them again."
"OMG! These cookies just melt in your mouth!! Please try them!! For the butter portion---you must go by the markings on the butter stick.... Do not use just a measuring cup....... That might be why some of the ladies here didn't have too much luck. But I made a double batch when I made these."
"I was excited to try these because I love butterscotch. Super easy to make the cookie dough - BUT, I was so disappointed with the end product. This recipe definitely needs something. It has a butterscotch taste, but I agree with the reviewer that said it was like having a mouthful of dry pancake mix. This recipe will be going in the trash."
"I followed the recipe just as it stated and while the cookies were soft and chewy, they had no flavor and a bad after taste. Definitely a fail and I won't be making these again."