- 1 package (14.1 ounces) refrigerated pie pastry
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1 cup water
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup coarsely chopped pecans
- Vanilla ice cream, optional
- Preheat oven to 425°. Line 12 muffin cups with foil liners. (Do not use paper-lined foil liners.)
- On a work surface, unroll pastry sheets. Cut 12 circles with a floured 4-in. round cookie cutter (save remaining pastry for another use). Gently press pastry circles onto bottom and up sides of foil liners. Refrigerate while preparing filling.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, combine raisins and water; microwave on high 2 minutes. Drain; cool slightly.
- In a small bowl, mix egg, brown sugars, melted butter, vanilla and salt until blended; stir in pecans and raisins. Spoon into pastry cups, dividing evenly.
- Bake on a lower oven rack 7-9 minutes or until filling just begins to bubble up and crusts are light golden brown (do not overbake). Cool completely in pan on a wire rack. If desired, serve with ice cream. Yield: 1 dozen.
Reviews for Pecan Butter Tarts
"My family thought these were the BEST creations I ever made!!! We all love Pecan pies and make excellent pies, but this was so simple and dee-lish-ous!!!! My grandson is heading back to college this weekend and I am getting ready to make him a batch "to go".YUMMY!!!!!!"
"Yum! This recipe is magnificent! These are so good, there is no time between the oven and my mouth to even add ice cream ??"