- 2 cups butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 9 eggs
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups chopped pecans
- 1-1/2 cups golden raisins
- Confectioners' sugar, optional
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in the lemon juice, vanilla and lemon peel. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture just until combined. Fold in pecans and raisins.
- Pour into a greased and floured 10-in. fluted tube pan. Bake at 350° for 1-1/4 to 1-1/2 hours or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes; remove from pan to a wire rack to cool completely. Dust with confectioners' sugar if desired. Yield: 12-16 servings.
Originally published as Pecan Pound Cake in Country Woman Christmas Annual 2003, p48
Reviews for Pecan Butter Cake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Feb. 19, 2015
"What can I say but !!! EXCELLENT !!! ..."