- 2 teaspoons plus 1 tablespoon butter, divided
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 1 cup pecan halves
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Grease a 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. pan with 2 teaspoons butter; set aside.
- In a 2-qt. microwave-safe glass dish, combine sugar and corn syrup. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 4 minutes or until a candy thermometer reads 238° (soft-ball stage).
- Add pecans. Microwave for 4 minutes or until a candy thermometer reads 300° (hard-crack stage). Mixture will be very hot. Vigorously stir in the baking soda, vanilla and remaining butter until blended.
- Quickly pour into prepared pan; spread with a metal spatula as thin as possible. Cool completely; break into pieces. Store in an airtight container with waxed paper between layers. Yield: about 1 pound.
Reviews for Pecan Brittle
Sort By :
"This was wonderful!! And sooo easy. My microwave is a 1,650 watt microwave so I adjusted both cooktimes to be 3 minutes rather than 4. Thank you for including the candy temperatures - that helped me to be confident on the times. It was so good and so easy, I am going to make another batch tomorrow."
"Made it just like the recipe said, and I had a hard time getting everybody around to wait for it to cool before they dug in! Smelled and tasted really good. It's actually almost addicting; you can't just eat one piece! Needless to say, I may need to make another batch if I want any tomorrow."
"This a fast and easy way to make a very good brittle. I can only say "Make sure you have everything ready to make this." cause it comes together fast."
"This recipe was true to the point. I wouldn't add anything! Quick easy and delicious!"
"This is the best brittle recipe I have ever made"