Pecan Breakfast Loaf Recipe
This quick bread has the terrific taste of caramel yeast rolls but with the convenience of refrigerated crescent rolls. Each Thanksgiving, I make several breads for my husband to share with his fellow teachers.
- 2 tubes (8 ounces each) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup pecan halves
- 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1. Separate crescent dough into 16 triangles. Spread each with butter. Combine sugar, chopped pecans and cinnamon; sprinkle over triangles. Beginning at the wide end, roll up each triangle.
- 2. In a greased 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pan, place rolls, point side down, widthwise in two layers. Bake at 375° for 35-40 minutes or until golden brown. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack.
- 3. Top with pecan halves. In a small saucepan, combine glaze ingredients; bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Cool for 5 minutes. Drizzle over warm bread. Yield: 1 loaf (16 slices).
1 serving (1 slice) equals 146 calories, 8 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 8 mg cholesterol, 141 mg sodium, 17 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC