- In a large bowl, whisk the first eight ingredients. Gently stir in
- bread and pecans; let stand for 10 minutes or until bread is
- Transfer to an 8-in. square baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until a knife
- inserted near the center comes out clean.
- For sauce, combine the sugar, cornstarch and salt in a small heavy
- saucepan. Stir in milk and evaporated milk until smooth. Cook and
- stir over medium-high heat until thickened and bubbly. Reduce heat;
- cook and stir 2 minutes longer.
- Remove from the heat. Whisk a small amount of the hot mixture into
- the egg substitute; return all to the pan, whisking constantly.
- Bring to a gentle boil; cook and stir 2 minutes longer. Remove from
- the heat. Stir in the remaining ingredients. Serve warm with bread
- pudding. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 6 servings (1-1/2 cups
Nutritional Facts: 3/4 cup pudding with 1/4 cup sauce equals 286 calories, 8 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 8 mg cholesterol, 455 mg sodium, 43 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 11 g protein.