"Anyone who has children will appreciate bake salt recipes like this one," says Ginny Perott of Towanda Kansas. These cinnamon-spiced bars are delicious and made from ingredients we all keep on hand."
78 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 Eggland's Best Egg, separated
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- In a small mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar. Beat in the egg
- yolk. Combine the flour, cinnamon and salt; gradually add to the
- creamed mixture and mix well. Spread into a greased 13-in. x 9-in.
- baking pan.
- Beat egg white; brush over the top. Sprinkle with pecans; press down
- lightly. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool on a wire rack. Cut into bars. Yield: 6-1/2 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2 each) equals 49 calories, 3 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 7 mg cholesterol, 26 mg sodium, 5 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein.