Pecan Baked Apples
Cooked in the microwave, these desserts offer a time-saving twist on tradition. They're stuffed with dried cherries, nuts and brown sugar, drizzled with their own juices and served warm for a homey, comforting dessert.—Taste of Home Test Kitchen, Greendale, Wisconsin
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup dried cherries
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 4 medium tart apples
- In a small bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Core apples and
- peel top third; fill with pecan mixture.
- Place in a greased 8-in. square microwave-safe dish. Microwave,
- uncovered, on high for 8-12 minutes or until apples are tender.
- Drizzle with pan juices. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 312 calories, 17 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 31 mg cholesterol, 121 mg sodium, 42 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 1 g protein.