- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup dried cherries
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 4 medium tart apples
- In a small bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Core apples and peel top third; fill with pecan mixture.
- Place in a greased 8-in. square microwave-safe dish. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 8-12 minutes or until apples are tender. Drizzle with pan juices. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forPecan Baked Apples
"Easy and delicious! I'm thinking about trying the topping on ice cream or apple sauce."
"It was so good. I did use I can't believe its not butter and splenda brown sugar to lower the calories. My 7 yr old wanted to know why I never made this before."