Cooked in the microwave, these desserts offer a time-saving twist on tradition. They're stuffed with dried cherries, nuts and brown sugar, drizzled with their own juices and served warm for a homey, comforting dessert.—Taste of Home Test Kitchen, Greendale, Wisconsin
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup dried cherries
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 4 medium tart apples
- In a small bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Core apples and peel top third; fill with pecan mixture.
- Place in a greased 8-in. square microwave-safe dish. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 8-12 minutes or until apples are tender. Drizzle with pan juices. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Pecan Baked Apples in Quick Cooking November/December 2005, p47
Reviews for Pecan Baked Apples
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review