Pecan Apricot Bread Recipe
Pecans, apricots and bananas share the stage in this bread from Kathleen Smith. The Hayesville, Ohio baker uses allspice, cinnamon and vanilla to give the loaves comforting flavor.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 10 min. Bake: 45 min. + cooling YIELD:24 servings
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1 tablespoon buttermilk blend powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 eggs
- 1-1/2 cups mashed ripe bananas (about 3 medium)
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped dried apricots
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the dry ingredients. In a bowl, beat the eggs, bananas, oil and vanilla. Stir into dry ingredients just until combined. Stir in apricots and pecans. Pour into two greased 8-in. x 4-in. loaf pans.
- 2. Bake at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Yield: 2 loaves.
1 serving (1 slice) equals 149 calories, 5 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 27 mg cholesterol, 155 mg sodium, 25 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 3 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC