Pecan Apple Pie Recipe
- Pastry for double-crust pie (9 inches)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 12 cups thinly sliced peeled tart apples (about 10 apples)
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1/2 cup cold butter, cubed
- 1/2 to 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup caramel ice cream topping
- 1. Line two 9-in. pie plates with pastry. Trim and flute edges; set aside. In a large bowl, combine sugar, flour, cinnamon and salt; add apples and toss to coat. Pour into pastry shells.
- 2. For the topping, combine brown sugar, flour and oats; cut in butter until crumbly. Sprinkle over apples. Cover edges loosely with foil. Bake at 375° for 25 minutes. Remove foil; bake 25-30 minutes longer or until filling is bubbly. Sprinkle with pecans; drizzle with caramel topping. Cool on wire racks. Yield: 2 pies (6-8 servings each).
1 slice: 806 calories, 32g fat (14g saturated fat), 41mg cholesterol, 472mg sodium, 130g carbohydrate (87g sugars, 5g fiber), 6g protein.
Reviews for Pecan Apple Pie
"My first taste of this pie was when my daughter-in-law made it. It was so scrumptous. I have made it since then myself, and everyone enjoys it."
"Found this recipe in a TOH bonus book that came with my magazine. I don't care for apple pie. Saw this recipe and it sounded really good. It's an apple pie/apple crisp with pecans & caramel topping on top. I like apple crisp. Just made one pie yesterday. WOW! It's sooo good!!! I made Paula Deen's pie crust for this recipe. Put both together and they're WONDERFUL. I'm making just one pie for an early family Thanksgiving dinner."