From Kalamazoo, Michigan, Anne Betts shares, "My husband often begs me to bake this extra-special crumb-topped pie for dessert."
- Pastry for double-crust pie (9 inches)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 12 cups thinly sliced peeled tart apples (about 10 apples)
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1/2 cup cold butter, cubed
- 1/2 to 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup caramel ice cream topping
- Line two 9-in. pie plates with pastry. Trim and flute edges; set aside. In a large bowl, combine sugar, flour, cinnamon and salt; add apples and toss to coat. Pour into pastry shells.
- For the topping, combine brown sugar, flour and oats; cut in butter until crumbly. Sprinkle over apples. Cover edges loosely with foil. Bake at 375° for 25 minutes. Remove foil; bake 25-30 minutes longer or until filling is bubbly. Sprinkle with pecans; drizzle with caramel topping. Cool on wire racks. Yield: 2 pies (6-8 servings each).
Originally published as Pecan Apple Pie in Taste of Home October/November 2000, p65
Reviews for Pecan Apple Pie
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review