- Pastry for double-crust pie (9 inches)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 12 cups thinly sliced peeled tart apples (about 10 apples)
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1/2 cup cold butter, cubed
- 1/2 to 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup caramel ice cream topping
- Line two 9-in. pie plates with pastry. Trim and flute edges; set aside. In a large bowl, combine sugar, flour, cinnamon and salt; add apples and toss to coat. Pour into pastry shells.
- For the topping, combine brown sugar, flour and oats; cut in butter until crumbly. Sprinkle over apples. Cover edges loosely with foil. Bake at 375° for 25 minutes. Remove foil; bake 25-30 minutes longer or until filling is bubbly. Sprinkle with pecans; drizzle with caramel topping. Cool on wire racks. Yield: 2 pies (6-8 servings each).
Reviews for Pecan Apple Pie
Sort By :
This is an excellant tasting pie! It is soooo delicious! I will make this again & again. I used Rome apples, (my favorite for pie), & it turned out perfect. I've baked alot of different caramel & pecan apple pies & this is by far THE BEST!!!!!!!
My first taste of this pie was when my daughter-in-law made it. It was so scrumptous. I have made it since then myself, and everyone enjoys it.
Re: Pecan Apple Pie
This truly is the best apple pie I have ever had by far!! We are making two for Thanksgiving and we can hardly wait to have it again.
Found this recipe in a TOH bonus book that came with my magazine. I don't care for apple pie. Saw this recipe and it sounded really good. It's an apple pie/apple crisp with pecans & caramel topping on top. I like apple crisp. Just made one pie yesterday. WOW! It's sooo good!!! I made Paula Deen's pie crust for this recipe. Put both together and they're WONDERFUL. I'm making just one pie for an early family Thanksgiving dinner.
My husband, a big fan of apple pie said this was the best apple pie he's ever had.