Weekend breakfasts are a big deal here in Texas, and these sweet, well-spiced pancakes make any breakfast special. So put on your apron and invite the neighbors in! —Sharon Richardson, Dallas, Texas
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mace
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 eggs
- 1-3/4 cups buttermilk
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1-3/4 cups shredded peeled apples
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- In a large bowl, mix the first nine ingredients. In another bowl, whisk the eggs, buttermilk and oil until blended. Add to flour mixture; stir just until moistened. Stir in apples and pecans.
- Lightly grease a griddle; heat over medium-low heat. Pour batter by 1/4 cupfuls onto griddle. Cook until bubbles on top begin to pop and bottoms are golden brown. Turn; cook until second side is golden brown. Yield: 18 pancakes.
Originally published as Pecan Apple Pancakes in Taste of Home August/September 2006, p31
Reviews for Pecan Apple Pancakes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review