- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mace
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 eggs
- 1-3/4 cups buttermilk
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1-3/4 cups shredded peeled apples
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- In a large bowl, mix the first nine ingredients. In another bowl, whisk the eggs, buttermilk and oil until blended. Add to flour mixture; stir just until moistened. Stir in apples and pecans.
- Lightly grease a griddle; heat over medium-low heat. Pour batter by 1/4 cupfuls onto griddle. Cook until bubbles on top begin to pop and bottoms are golden brown. Turn; cook until second side is golden brown. Yield: 18 pancakes.
Reviews for Pecan Apple Pancakes
Sort By :
Delicious. I left out the mace and used walnuts instead of pecans.
I cut the recipe in half & substituted 1/4 teaspoon each of nutmeg & allspice & left out the mace & cloves. The taste was heavenly! I'm giving this a 4 out of 5 stars because for some reason, the pancakes were really hard to flip without them falling apart. I made sure the first side was well-cooked before attempting to flip & have not had this happen with other pancake recipes. Next time I will add more flour & see if that helps correct the issue.
I made this recipe this morning to rave reviews from my husband. There are only 2 of us so I cut it in half & still made to many. The only change I made in the recipe was the Mace. I didn't happen to have any so I used a few grates of whole nutmeg which worded out well. I would highly recommend this recipe to anyone. Those who say they didn't like it probably didn't try it. To DebCary75, I would probably take a lot of experimenting to get this to come out well using the substitutions you mentioned. As a former Home Ec. teacher that's my recommendation.
Haven't made these but love the idea and aroma this evokes in my mind. I recently made a lot of apple butter. Wondering if I could substitute that for the spices, apples and oil and get the same taste and basic texture.
I think these are not very good. I would take the same recipe minus the pecans and apples and make them. Then warm your syrup and add apples and pecans to serve on top. Not as mushy and you can get a good apple and pecan taste.