Loaded with chopped apples and crunchy pecans, this quick bread is perfect for fall and winter celebrations. The blend of nutmeg, cloves and cinnamon nicely accents every bite.
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 cups chopped peeled tart apples
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking soda, cinnamon, salt, nutmeg and cloves. In another bowl, whisk the eggs, butter and vanilla until blended. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. (Mixture will be stiff.) Fold in apples and pecans.
- Pour into two greased and floured 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pans. Bake at 325° for 70-80 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Yield: 2 loaves (16 slices each).
Originally published as Pecan Apple Loaves in Country Woman Christmas Annual 2009, p40
Reviews for Pecan Apple Loaves
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review