Pecan and Sesame Seed-Crusted Chicken Recipe
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup finely chopped pecans
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 1-1/2 teaspoons paprika
- 1-1/2 teaspoons pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 8 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each), partially flattened
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1. Place milk in a shallow bowl. In another shallow bowl, combine the flour, pecans, sesame seeds, paprika, pepper and salt. Dip chicken in milk, then coat in flour mixture.
- 2. In a large nonstick skillet, brown chicken in oil on both sides. Transfer to a 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan coated with cooking spray. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until no longer pink. Yield: 8 servings.
1 chicken breast half equals 214 calories, 10 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 63 mg cholesterol, 252 mg sodium, 5 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 24 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1-1/2 fat.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.