Peasant Soup for One Recipe
- 1 boneless skinless chicken breast half (4 ounces), cubed
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 small potato, cubed
- 1 small carrot, sliced
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon dried tarragon, crushed
- 1/8 teaspoon salt, optional
- Dash pepper
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1. Coat a saucepan with cooking spray; brown chicken over medium-high heat. Add the next eight ingredients; bring to a boil. Reduce heat. Cover and simmer for 20-25 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Sprinkle with parsley. Yield: 1 serving.
1 cup: 280 calories, 3g fat (0g saturated fat), 73mg cholesterol, 95mg sodium, 31g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 0g fiber), 31g protein Diabetic Exchanges:1-1/2 starch, 3 lean meat, 2 vegetable
Reviews for Peasant Soup for One
"I have made this twice now, once with the chicken and once without because I decided spur of the moment to make it. I don't have tarragon, so I just used rosemary. My only complaint would be that it only makes one bowl, so no going back for seconds."