- 6 Jones Dairy Farm Dry-Aged Bacon strips
- 4 medium potatoes, thinly sliced
- 3 cups broccoli florets
- 3 medium carrots, thinly sliced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced celery
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound fully cooked Polish sausage
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, cook bacon until crisp. Drain on paper towels, reserving 2 tablespoons drippings in skillet. Add next five ingredients to drippings. Reduce heat to medium; cook, covered, stirring frequently, until vegetables are crisp-tender, 10-15 minutes. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Cut sausage diagonally into 1/2-in. slices; place on top of vegetables. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, stirring frequently, about 10 minutes. Crumble bacon; sprinkle on top. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Peasant Skillet in Country Pork 1996, p54
Reviews for Peasant Skillet
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review