Peasant Peppers Recipe
My mother-in-law, who lives in Italy, taught me to make this simple casserole. It’s considered wholesome peasant fare—but I’ve never tasted peppers as delicious! —Robyn Scollo, Fairport, NY
- 3 large green peppers, thinly sliced
- 3 large sweet red peppers, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup soft bread crumbs
- 1. Preheat oven to 400°. Place peppers in two 15x10x1-in. baking pans. Drizzle with oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper; toss to coat.
- 2. Bake until tender and skins are slightly blackened, about 30-35 minutes. Stir pepper mixture; sprinkle with bread crumbs. Bake 15-20 minutes longer or until lightly browned. Yield: 5 servings.
3/4 cup equals 106 calories, 6 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 746 mg sodium, 13 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 2 g protein.
Reviews for Peasant Peppers
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC