- 3 large green peppers, thinly sliced
- 3 large sweet red peppers, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup soft bread crumbs
- Preheat oven to 400°. Place peppers in two 15x10x1-in. baking pans. Drizzle with oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper; toss to coat.
- Bake until tender and skins are slightly blackened, about 30-35 minutes. Stir pepper mixture; sprinkle with bread crumbs. Bake 15-20 minutes longer or until lightly browned. Yield: 5 servings.
Originally published as Peasant Peppers in Country Woman August/September 2009, p31
Reviews for Peasant Peppers
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jun. 23, 2011
"So I had a surplus of assorted variety of sweet peppers and no real good ideas as what to do with them. I live on a very tight budget, so it couldnt involve anything with too many ingredients.This dish was very easy to prepare. Clean and slice the peppers and toss them with oil, salt and pepper. I used sub sandwhich dressing instead of olive oil and added half a tbs of veg oil just in case. Put the peppers in a baking dish for 25 minutes and then added the bread crumbs. I put two pieces of bread in the oven for a few minutes and just crumbled it ontop.Right before serving I added a little parmesan cheese. Nothing fancy, just the kind in the jar.I found this dish to be delicious and satisfying. I ate half of it before anyone else even got to try it. It has a simple flavor that is very pleasing. I would definitely make it again, and its very Vegan friendly."