Peas with Mushrooms Recipe
- 1/2 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 2 tablespoons sliced green onions
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/4 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Dash ground nutmeg
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen peas, cooked
- 1. In a skillet over medium heat, saute the mushrooms and onions in butter for 3-5 minutes. Add marjoram, salt if desired, pepper and nutmeg; mix well. Add peas and heat through. Yield: 4 servings.
One serving (prepared with margarine and without added salt) equals 95 calories, 3 g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 117 mg sodium, 10 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, 4 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1/2 starch, 1/2 fat.