- 12 ounces uncooked Japanese soba noodles or whole wheat spaghetti
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 cup fresh snow peas or sugar snap peas, trimmed
- 3 cups ice water
- 3/4 cup frozen green peas, thawed
- 1 small cucumber, chopped
- 3 green onions, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 3 tablespoons orange juice
- 3 tablespoons white or rice vinegar
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 4 teaspoons sesame oil or tahini
- 4 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 2 to 3 teaspoons hot pepper sauce
- 2-1/4 teaspoons sugar
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Sesame seeds, toasted
- Cook noodles according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, bring 1/4 cup water to a boil over medium-high heat. Add snow peas; cook, uncovered, just until crisp-tender, 1-2 minutes. Drain; immediately drop snow peas into ice water. Remove and pat dry.
- Drain noodles; rinse with cold water and drain again. Combine noodles with snow peas, green peas, cucumber and green onions.
- In another bowl, whisk together sauce ingredients until blended; pour over noodles and vegetables. Toss to coat. To serve, sprinkle with cilantro and sesame seeds. Yield: 8 servings.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Peas Please Asian Noodles
"I was unsure about this recipe at first, but my hubby loves anything peanut butter, so decided to try this recipe!! So glad I did!!! It's delicious!! My hubby LOVED it!! He went back for seconds and asked to have it for his lunch for work!!! 5 stars ?!!!"