Peas in Cheese Sauce Recipe
Mom dresses up convenient frozen peas with a quick-to-fix cheese sauce that our family loves.
- 4-1/2 teaspoons butter
- 4-1/2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon white pepper
- 1-1/2 cups 2% milk
- 3/4 cup cubed process cheese (Velveeta)
- 2 packages (10 ounces each) frozen peas, thawed
- 1. In a large saucepan, melt butter over low heat. Stir in the flour, salt and pepper until smooth. Gradually add milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Add the cheese; stir until melted. Stir in peas; cook 1-2 minutes longer or until heated through. Yield: 8 servings.
1 serving (2/3 cup) equals 114 calories, 6 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 19 mg cholesterol, 284 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 6 g protein.
Reviews for Peas in Cheese Sauce
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC