- 4-1/2 teaspoons butter
- 4-1/2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon white pepper
- 1-1/2 cups 2% milk
- 3/4 cup cubed process cheese (Velveeta)
- 2 packages (10 ounces each) frozen peas, thawed
- In a large saucepan, melt butter over low heat. Stir in the flour, salt and pepper until smooth. Gradually add milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Add the cheese; stir until melted. Stir in peas; cook 1-2 minutes longer or until heated through. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Peas in Cheese Sauce in Taste of Home December/January 2007, p36
Reviews for Peas in Cheese Sauce
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Nov. 6, 2013
Not enough cheese for me. I could taste too much of the flour. I would make this again, but I'd have to tweak it a little bit.
Reviewed Feb. 16, 2012
I've made this 3 times and each time it has gotten rave reviews.
Reviewed May. 19, 2011
A favorite. Easy and good.