Peas in Cheddar Cream Sauce Recipe
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 can (5 ounces) evaporated milk
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup cubed process cheese (Velveeta)
- 1-1/2 cups fresh or frozen peas, thawed
- 1. In a small saucepan, saute onions in butter until tender. Stir in the flour, salt and pepper. Gradually stir in milk until blended. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in cheeses until melted. Add peas; heat through. Yield: 3 servings.
2/3 cup: 254 calories, 14g fat (10g saturated fat), 47mg cholesterol, 567mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 4g fiber), 13g protein.
Reviews for Peas in Cheddar Cream Sauce
"This was very simple to make. I added some regular onion when I did the green onion and cooked, crumbled bacon when I added the peas. There's a lot of cheese sauce, so adding cooked pasta is another great idea to make this dish go further (or to turn into an entree)."
"The peas were good with the cheese sauce and was easy to make."
"I have been making cream peas for 60yrs ,havn't tryed with cheese yet but will .We eat creamed peas on toast for a lunch or light supper- Thessalon gal"
"I have been making cream peas for 60yrs ,havn't tryed with cheese yet but will .We eat creamed pes on tost for a lunch or light supper- Thessalon gal"