“My family really likes these peas,” says Kelly Gerhardt. They make an appearance at her home in Council Bluffs, Iowa for holiday dinners. We’ve downsized the recipe for you to enjoy anytime!
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 can (5 ounces) evaporated milk
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup cubed process cheese (Velveeta)
- 1-1/2 cups fresh or frozen peas, thawed
- In a small saucepan, saute onions in butter until tender. Stir in the flour, salt and pepper. Gradually stir in milk until blended. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in cheeses until melted. Add peas; heat through. Yield: 3 servings.
Originally published as Peas in Cheddar Cream Sauce in Cooking for 2 Spring 2008, p53
Reviews for Peas in Cheddar Cream Sauce
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review