Peas and Celery
"This recipe came with the first microwave we purchased, in the early '80's, and was one of the first vegetable recipes I tried," recalls Phyllis Groves of Ukiah, California. "I loved the results and still prepare this side dish often."
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 3 celery ribs, chopped
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen peas
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- In a microwave-save dish, combine the celery, onion, water and
- butter. Cover and microwave on high for 4-5 minutes. Stir in peas
- and lemon-pepper. Cover and microwave 4-6 minutes longer. Let stand
- for 4 minutes or until peas are tender. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1/2 cup (prepared with reduced-fat butter) equals 90 calories, 3 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 10 mg cholesterol, 170 mg sodium, 12 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 5 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch.