Quips field editor Shirley Kidd from New London, Minnesota, "This is a favorite vegetable side dish when the 'Kidds' come home to visit!"
5 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen peas
- 1/4 cup Diamond of California Slivered Almonds
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 jar (4-1/2 ounces) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Cook peas according to package directions; drain. Set aside and keep
- In a skillet, saute almonds in butter until lightly browned. Remove
- with a slotted spoon; add to peas. In the same skillet, saute
- mushrooms and onion until tender; add to peas. Season with salt and
- pepper. Yield: 5 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 2/3 cup equals 111 calories, 3 g fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 328 mg sodium, 16 g carbohydrate, 6 g fiber, 6 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1/2 fat.