- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen peas
- 1/4 cup Diamond of California Slivered Almonds
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 jar (4-1/2 ounces) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Cook peas according to package directions; drain. Set aside and keep warm.
- In a skillet, saute almonds in butter until lightly browned. Remove with a slotted spoon; add to peas. In the same skillet, saute mushrooms and onion until tender; add to peas. Season with salt and pepper. Yield: 5 servings.
Originally published as Peas Amandine in Taste of Home April/May 1998, p18
Reviews for Peas Amandine(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Aug. 17, 2008
We all enjoyed this dish. It is easy and flavorful and a nice change from plain peas. I used fresh mushrooms instead of canned and just sauteed them with the onions.