Peas a la Francaise Recipe
“I love peas, and this recipe is a favorite. It features tiny pearl onions touched with thyme and chervil, and its presentation is lovely.” —Christine Frazier, Auburndale, Florida
- 1-1/2 cups pearl onions, trimmed
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon dried chervil
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 packages (16 ounces each) frozen peas, thawed
- 2 cups shredded lettuce
- 1. In a Dutch oven, bring 6 cups water to a boil. Add pearl onions; boil for 3 minutes. Drain and rinse in cold water; peel and set aside.
- 2. In the same saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Stir in the onions, water, sugar and seasonings. Add peas and lettuce; stir until blended. Cover and cook for 6-8 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Serve with a slotted spoon. Yield: 12 servings (1/2 cup each).
1/2 cup: 112 calories, 4g fat (2g saturated fat), 10mg cholesterol, 315mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 4g fiber), 4g protein Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 fat.
Reviews for Peas a la Francaise
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC