“I love peas, and this recipe is a favorite. It features tiny pearl onions touched with thyme and chervil, and its presentation is lovely.” —Christine Frazier, Auburndale, Florida
- 1-1/2 cups pearl onions, trimmed
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon dried chervil
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 packages (16 ounces each) frozen peas, thawed
- 2 cups shredded lettuce
- In a Dutch oven, bring 6 cups water to a boil. Add pearl onions; boil for 3 minutes. Drain and rinse in cold water; peel and set aside.
- In the same saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Stir in the onions, water, sugar and seasonings. Add peas and lettuce; stir until blended. Cover and cook for 6-8 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Serve with a slotted spoon. Yield: 12 servings (1/2 cup each).
Originally published as Peas a la Francaise in Taste of Home February/March 2009, p66
Reviews for Peas a la Francaise
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Apr. 10, 2010
"Served this for Easter dinner. I'll make it again!"
Reviewed Apr. 5, 2010
"I didn't have chervil, but really liked the flavor with just the thyme."