- 1-1/2 cups pearl onions, trimmed
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon dried chervil
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 packages (16 ounces each) frozen peas, thawed
- 2 cups shredded lettuce
- In a Dutch oven, bring 6 cups water to a boil. Add pearl onions; boil for 3 minutes. Drain and rinse in cold water; peel and set aside.
- In the same saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Stir in the onions, water, sugar and seasonings. Add peas and lettuce; stir until blended. Cover and cook for 6-8 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Serve with a slotted spoon. Yield: 12 servings (1/2 cup each).
Originally published as Peas a la Francaise in Taste of Home February/March 2009, p66
Reviews for Peas a la Francaise
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Apr. 10, 2010
Served this for Easter dinner. I'll make it again!
Reviewed Apr. 5, 2010
I didn't have chervil, but really liked the flavor with just the thyme.