Peas 'N' Bean Salad
This recipe was one of the first I tried from a new cookbook many years ago. I was intrigued by the variety of ingredients. It's been a favorite ever since, and whenever I take this dish somewhere, there are never leftovers.
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen peas
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen baby lima beans
- 1 package (9 ounces) frozen cut green beans
- 1 medium red onion, chopped
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 to 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Hard-cooked eggs, sliced
- Sliced green onion, optional
- Prepare the peas and beans according to package directions; drain and
- cool. Combine cooked vegetables in a 1-1/2-qt. clear glass bowl.
- In a small bowl, combine the red onion, mayonnaise, oil,
- Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper; mix well. Spoon over
- vegetables; garnish with eggs and green onion if desired. Cover and
- refrigerate until serving. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 432 calories, 35 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 119 mg cholesterol, 553 mg sodium, 20 g carbohydrate, 6 g fiber, 9 g protein.