This recipe was one of the first I tried from a new cookbook many years ago. I was intrigued by the variety of ingredients. It's been a favorite ever since, and whenever I take this dish somewhere, there are never leftovers.
Recommended: 30 Salad Recipes Ready in 30 Minutes
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen peas
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen baby lima beans
- 1 package (9 ounces) frozen cut green beans
- 1 medium red onion, chopped
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 to 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Hard-cooked eggs, sliced
- Sliced green onion, optional
- Prepare the peas and beans according to package directions; drain and cool. Combine cooked vegetables in a 1-1/2-qt. clear glass bowl.
- In a small bowl, combine the red onion, mayonnaise, oil, Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper; mix well. Spoon over vegetables; garnish with eggs and green onion if desired. Cover and refrigerate until serving. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Peas 'N' Bean Salad in Reminisce May/June 2004, p48
Reviews for Peas 'N' Bean Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review