- 1 package (16 ounces) fettuccine
- 2 cups frozen peas
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1-1/2 cups 2% milk
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, cubed
- 4 ounces thinly sliced prosciutto or deli ham, cut into thin strips
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Coarsely ground pepper
- In a Dutch oven, cook fettuccine according to package directions, adding the peas during the last 3 minutes of cooking.
- In a large skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Add garlic; cook 1 minute. Add milk and cream cheese; cook and stir until blended. Remove from the heat; stir in prosciutto and Parmesan cheese.
- Drain fettuccine and peas; toss with sauce. Sprinkle with pepper. Yield: 6 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Peas & Pasta Carbonara
Sort By :
I thought it was tasty! I especially liked that I had all the ingredients on hand and that it was quick to make. The sauce was smooth and creamy. My children enjoyed it as well.
I just copied the peas & pasta recipe. However I then looked at the picture and you left out the grape tomatos in the ingredients and directions??
This recipe was super simple and quick. But the best part was the silky sauce. There was no grainy texture to it at all. We ate it immediately, which probably kept it from turning thick and gluey as the previous reviewer remarked. It just needed salt and it was really good.
Lacked flavor. The "sauce" turned out VERY thick and gluey. If you choose to make this, use more milk, more garlic or use a garlic powder. We didn't save the leftovers... unusual for us, but it wasn't worth eating twice. Sorry...