Using cream cheese to fortify the sauce speeds up cooking time and will have you eating my take on this old-time classic carbonara recipe in about 30 minutes. —Celeste Brantolino, Lenoir, North Carolina
- 1 package (16 ounces) fettuccine
- 2 cups frozen peas
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1-1/2 cups 2% milk
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, cubed
- 4 ounces thinly sliced prosciutto or deli ham, cut into thin strips
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Coarsely ground pepper
- In a Dutch oven, cook fettuccine according to package directions, adding the peas during the last 3 minutes of cooking.
- In a large skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Add garlic; cook 1 minute. Add milk and cream cheese; cook and stir until blended. Remove from the heat; stir in prosciutto and Parmesan cheese.
- Drain fettuccine and peas; toss with sauce. Sprinkle with pepper. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Peas & Pasta Carbonara in Taste of Home December/January 2012, p52
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Peas & Pasta Carbonara
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review