Pears with Spiced Caramel Sauce Recipe
With caramel sauce draping a tender poached pear, this dessert is pretty to look at but even sweeter to eat, promises our Test Kitchen staff.
- 6 medium pears, stems attached
- 5 cups water
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 4 whole cloves
- 2 cinnamon sticks (3 inches)
- 1/2 medium lemon
- 6 tablespoons fat-free caramel apple dip
- Dash ground cloves
- 1. Core pears from bottom, leaving stems intact. Peel pears. Cut 1/4 in. from bottom to level if necessary. In a large saucepan, combine the next five ingredients. Squeeze juice from lemon; add juice and lemon to pan. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat. Add pears; poach, uncovered, for 15-20 minutes or until tender. Remove from the heat; cool pears in liquid.
- 2. In a microwave-safe bowl, combine caramel dip and ground cloves. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 10 seconds; stir. Cook 10 seconds longer or until heated through. To serve, drain pears and pat dry; drizzle with caramel sauce. Yield: 6 servings.
One serving (1 pear with 1 tablespoon caramel sauce) equals 174 calories, 1 g fat (trace saturated fat), trace cholesterol, 78 mg sodium, 44 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 1 g protein.
Reviews for Pears with Spiced Caramel Sauce
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC