Pears with Raspberry Sauce Recipe
Two seasonal favorites - pears and raspberries - are showcased in this simple recipe from Florence Palmer of Marshall, Illinois.
- 6 medium ripe pears
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 cup reduced-sugar raspberry fruit spread
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 cups fresh or frozen unsweetened raspberries
- 1. Core and peel pears; set upright in an 8-in. square baking dish. Combine honey and lemon juice; pour over pears. Cover and bake at 350° for 1-1/2 hours or until pears are tender, basting occasionally.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine the fruit spread and vinegar; stir in raspberries. Cook over medium-low heat until heated through; spoon over pears. Serve warm. Yield: 6 servings.
1 each: 166 calories, 1g fat (0g saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 4mg sodium, 42g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 0g fiber), 1g protein Diabetic Exchanges:2-1/2 fruit
Reviews for Pears with Raspberry Sauce
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC