Pears with Cinnamon Sauce
Pears are at their peak this time of year and our Test Kitchen shows you how to make the most of their juicy goodness with this simply scrumptious, elegant dessert!
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 2 medium pears
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 whole cloves
- 1/4 cup low-fat vanilla frozen yogurt
- Core pears from the bottom, leaving stems intact. Peel pears. Cut 1/4
- in. from bottom to level if necessary. In a 2-qt. microwave-safe
- dish, combine the brown sugar, butter, cinnamon and cloves; top with
- Cover and microwave on high for 10-12 minutes or until pears are
- tender. Remove pears to dessert plates. Discard cloves. Whisk frozen
- yogurt into sauce until smooth. Spoon over pears. Serve warm or
- chilled. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 pear with 2 tablespoons sauce equals 232 calories, 7 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 18 mg cholesterol, 73 mg sodium, 44 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 1 g protein.