Pears are at their peak this time of year and our Test Kitchen shows you how to make the most of their juicy goodness with this simply scrumptious, elegant dessert!
Recommended: 24 Christmas Puddings for the Holiday Season
- 2 medium pears
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 whole cloves
- 1/4 cup low-fat vanilla frozen yogurt
- Core pears from the bottom, leaving stems intact. Peel pears. Cut 1/4 in. from bottom to level if necessary. In a 2-qt. microwave-safe dish, combine the brown sugar, butter, cinnamon and cloves; top with pears.
- Cover and microwave on high for 10-12 minutes or until pears are tender. Remove pears to dessert plates. Discard cloves. Whisk frozen yogurt into sauce until smooth. Spoon over pears. Serve warm or chilled. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Pears with Cinnamon Sauce in Cooking for 2 Fall 2006, p47
Reviews for Pears with Cinnamon Sauce
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Apr. 28, 2017
"delicious , tender pears with an incredible saucewe have substituted vanilla bean Ice cream for the Yogurt One of our absolute favorites for a perfect ending to a romantic dinner at homewe have made this many times and have NEVER been disapointed"