- 2 medium pears
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 whole cloves
- 1/4 cup low-fat vanilla frozen yogurt
- Core pears from the bottom, leaving stems intact. Peel pears. Cut 1/4 in. from bottom to level if necessary. In a 2-qt. microwave-safe dish, combine the brown sugar, butter, cinnamon and cloves; top with pears.
- Cover and microwave on high for 10-12 minutes or until pears are tender. Remove pears to dessert plates. Discard cloves. Whisk frozen yogurt into sauce until smooth. Spoon over pears. Serve warm or chilled. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Pears with Cinnamon Sauce in Cooking for 2 Fall 2006, p47
Reviews for Pears with Cinnamon Sauce
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review