Pears in Spiced Raisin Sauce Recipe
Because it's so easy to make, we enjoy this dessert often. I usually make extra, as it keeps well, and we don't mind good-tasting leftovers. -Davida Nicholson, Washington, Iowa
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced pears
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
- 3 tablespoons orange juice
- Vanilla ice cream
- 1. Drain pears, reserving 1/4 cup juice (discarding remaining juice or save for another use); set the pears aside. In a saucepan, combine raisins and reserved juice. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5 minutes.
- 2. In a bowl, combine the cornstarch, cinnamon, salt if desired and ginger; stir in orange juice until smooth. Add to raisin mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Reduce heat. Add pears; cook and stir until heated through. Serve over ice cream. Yield: 2 servings.
1 each: 143 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 11mg sodium, 36g carbohydrate (31g sugars, 2g fiber), 2g protein.
Reviews for Pears in Spiced Raisin Sauce
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC