Pears in Orange Sauce Recipe
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) pear halves
- 1/4 cup thawed orange juice concentrate
- 1 cinnamon stick (1 inch)
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 4 Pirouette cookies or cookies of your choice
- 1. Drain pears, reserving liquid; set pears aside. Place liquid in a small saucepan; add the orange juice concentrate, cinnamon stick and salt. Bring to a boil, stirring occasionally. Add pears; cook, uncovered, for 2 minutes or until heated through.
- 2. Discard cinnamon stick. Spoon pears into dessert dishes; drizzle with sauce. Dollop with cream cheese and sprinkle with cinnamon. Serve with cookies. Yield: 4 servings.
1 each: 195 calories, 7g fat (4g saturated fat), 17mg cholesterol, 140mg sodium, 32g carbohydrate (26g sugars, 2g fiber), 2g protein
Reviews for Pears in Orange Sauce
"This was so easy and tasted so much better than plain canned pears. I served these as a side not dessert and didn't add the cream cheese or cookies. But this would be a quick easy dessert too! I would make this sauce again and use other fruits, yummy!"