Pears in Orange Sauce
This is one of my favorite easy desserts to serve to guests. There is hardly any prep involved, and everyone enjoys it after a big meal.—Audrey Friberg, Fridley, Minnesota
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) pear halves
- 1/4 cup thawed orange juice concentrate
- 1 cinnamon stick (1 inch)
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 4 Pirouette cookies or cookies of your choice
- Drain pears, reserving liquid; set pears aside. Place liquid in a
- small saucepan; add the orange juice concentrate, cinnamon stick and
- salt. Bring to a boil, stirring occasionally. Add pears; cook,
- uncovered, for 2 minutes or until heated through.
- Discard cinnamon stick. Spoon pears into dessert dishes; drizzle with
- sauce. Dollop with cream cheese and sprinkle with cinnamon. Serve
- with cookies. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 195 calories, 7 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 17 mg cholesterol, 140 mg sodium, 32 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 2 g protein.