Pears in Orange Sauce Recipe
This is one of my favorite easy desserts to serve to guests. There is hardly any prep involved, and everyone enjoys it after a big meal.—Audrey Friberg, Fridley, Minnesota
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) pear halves
- 1/4 cup thawed orange juice concentrate
- 1 cinnamon stick (1 inch)
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 4 Pirouette cookies or cookies of your choice
- 1. Drain pears, reserving liquid; set pears aside. Place liquid in a small saucepan; add the orange juice concentrate, cinnamon stick and salt. Bring to a boil, stirring occasionally. Add pears; cook, uncovered, for 2 minutes or until heated through.
- 2. Discard cinnamon stick. Spoon pears into dessert dishes; drizzle with sauce. Dollop with cream cheese and sprinkle with cinnamon. Serve with cookies. Yield: 4 servings.
1 each: 195 calories, 7g fat (4g saturated fat), 17mg cholesterol, 140mg sodium, 32g carbohydrate (26g sugars, 2g fiber), 2g protein.
Reviews for Pears in Orange Sauce
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC